Sunday 5 June 2011

Gluten free living

It can be a little stressful. You can't just go to the shop and buy a cake. Well, you can, but it'll cost you three times as much. I took the decision to live mostly gluten free for Edd. I still have bread and breadcrumbed stuff, normal burgers and normal sausages (sometimes), but mostly, everything I cook is gluten free. I don't believe it's fair that he has to eat it all by himself, and also this means that I'm not cooking 2 different meals each night. This has meant that I have sacrificed Domino's and Pizza Hut, but isn't that what love is about? A bit of give and take? It just means that I get to bake more cupcakes, and I really do love baking!

So, in my gluten free endeavours, I am going to make mini pizzas. The pizza bases Edd gets on prescription are alright, but they're small and go quickly. The boy loves pizza. So, I found a recipe for mini pizzas, and the plan is to make a whole batch of them, then freeze them (precooked obviously), so we can use them whenever. It'll be gluten free bread after that, but I'm taking it one step at a time. Besides, my gluten free chicken and mushroom pie didn't turn out too bad....

No comments:

Post a Comment