Monday 9 November 2009

Online Dating

I signed up to an online dating website about a month ago for a few reasons.

  1. I'm fed up of dating friends
  2. I'm fed up finding out too late that guys are losers
  3. For a laugh
  4. To see who's out there

I didn't sign up properly, as in paid membership, until this weekend. I had recieved a few messages from highly unsuitable guys, who clearly couldn't read my profile and see that I'm not looking for someone who is old enough to be my dad. But then, as if by magic, good looking guys started contacting me! It was a miracle. And I've been talking to one all weekend. He lives close by, is easy on the eye and we seem to have a lot in common. It's just that every now and then I think "This is weird, we met online"... and we haven't met each other face to face... What's the protocol for this? How long are you supposed to leave it? I'm really not lone for playing games, but isn't that what internet dating is about? I mean, he's keen. He also paid up just to email me back... And been texting all weekend. But how does this work?!

No comments:

Post a Comment