Sunday 3 January 2010

Icy

It's very very icy at the moment in Swansea. It took me half an hour to walk to work yesterday, that's twice as long as usual, as I was slipping and sliding everywhere! And we were locked out of the call centre for half an hour as nobody had a key to get in. It was very cold, let me tell you. The ice is also bad today, Mike had trouble getting out of my road, his car was sliding all over the place. Eventually, some neighbours came to help and he managed to escape. It was all rather dramatic as he nearly slid in to a skip and another car. Stupid ice.

I've finished at the call centre! No more talking to people with swine flu. Hurrah! I start my new job tomorrow and I'm excited about it now. Best part? I don't have to start until 11am! That's a like a 4 hour extra lie-in for me! No more waking up at 5am!

Mike has now named Sundays Fajita Sundays, apparently we have to have fajitas every Sunday. I'm not complaining that much, as I do love fajitas. I had guacamole with mine today as well. Only problem is, Mike refuses to chop onions. Flat out refuses. So I am chief onion chopper. And chief weeper due to stupid onions.

I am getting on well with the knitting. I have made a phone sock for one of the old guys at the call centre. I am rather proud of myself. Slowly turning myself in to a domestic goddess! I know it's only a small thing, but it's still an achievement. Next job... fingerless gloves! (Fingers look a bit too complicated!)

Resolutions update: Going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment