Tuesday 29 December 2009

The turkey has all been eaten, sad times

Well, I'm back in Wales now, after my flying visit home. I had a great time though, and possibly ate my weight in food, plus a bit more. What is it about the festive season that makes us eat so much? And so much nice food? It never occurs to me to have pate at any other time of year, but I munch away at the stuff at Christmas time. It is baffling, but perhaps that's what makes us all so jolly?



And Santa was good to me this year. I got my GHDs! And a sewing machine, complete with a book from my lovely parents with loads of ideas for bags. I just need some fabric now! I got a stocking ful of cow print joy. I think my obsession is getting a bit out of hand. But hey, it makes me smile!


I also got a swish new haircut. I only popped in to Pisanis to say Merry Christmas (I used to work there in my school/college days). I no longer have long purple hair, but rather a shorter look. I feel that it makes me look sophisticated, and it's not so short that I get mistaken for a boy!



But I am happy to be back in Swansea, as much as I love being at home and catching up with people. I've spent a lovely few days with Mike and now it's back to work. Although it is my last week there, so it's not all bad. I'm feeling happy with life right now, looking forward to the new year and new opportunities. Fingers crossed it'll last!



AND I've finished my scarf!



So, here are some festive photos of snow, new hair and family and friend times back in Surrey...












No comments:

Post a Comment