Thursday 3 December 2009

Tis the season...

Well, we're full swing in to December. It's getting colder. And darker in the mornings. I am most definitely NOT a morning person. I'm even worse in the winter. Honestly, I was nearly late this morning as I refused to leave the sanctuary of my bed (or my fort as Mike likes to call it). It's not that I'm really lazy (well, that is part of it), it's just that I love to sleep! And when an alarm is beeping at me to get out of my warm cozy bed in to the cold freezer that is my flat, I just don't want to know. It doesn't help that our flat is falling apart. Well, not literally, but it's on the way! My room smells of damp all the time, which is just grim. I'm going to spend a fortune on incense and smelly candles! But seriously, the damp in the walls is sucking the heat from the flat. It's not good. The mould is destroying my shoes as well. Seriously less than impressed. Still, we can't do anything except moan and the landlord. And moan. And moan. And moan....

Anywho, I've spent the afternoon (I finished work at midday, win!) snuggled up on the sofa in my duvet, watching trashy tv, and I'm really happy about it! There is no other choice with the sofa. You can't lounge, it's too small for that. You either snuggle up or sit. But on a day like today, it's all about the snuggling. Sadly, not with the boy, but that'll change tomorrow.

So now, back to Jerry Springer and cups of tea... smiles...

No comments:

Post a Comment