Sunday 13 December 2009

Aaaaand, that's a wrap!

I've wrapped up all of my Christmas presents now. This is a huge achievement for me. The fact that I've managed to buy them this early is also another acheivement. They're usually bought the day before I go home and wrapped up on Christmas Eve. But not this year! Oh no, I'm ahead of the game this year. And they're under the tree as well!

Yes, I'm well aware the tree is tiny, but it does make it look like we have giant presents!



And so, on the last evening of being 23 I am feeling contemplative about life. I've had my weekly phone call with my mum, who was getting a bit emotional. I think maybe the fact that she has a daughter who is about to turn 24 is making her feel old. She says the same thing every year before my birthday, about how this time however many years ago she was in hospital with the doctors telling her she wasn't in labour, but she was. I was an impatient baby, popping out 6 weeks early. I still am impatient.
I'm just in a pondering mood. Had one of those days where you feel kind of sad for no reason. Nit really sure why. I guess maybe I don't want to get older. I'm quite happy with my life as it is at the moment. Yes, I know money is constantly a struggle, and I have a flat that likes to leak water and eat my clothes and shoes with mould, but I'm loving the independence and the feeling of just being me. I am in control of things I do, the only person I have to rely on is my self, and it's a great feeling. However, I got out of my funk by wrapping presents and watching Santa Claus the Movie. And also knitting. I am becoming a big knitting aficionado. It's very relaxing.
So, this is my last blog as a 23 year old. And how will I be spending my birthday??? I have work at 7am, a stupid 3 hour shift. And then training for my new job. So yeah... fun. But Mike is coming over in the evening and I do have some presents and cards so it's not all bad!

1 comment:

  1. Well happy birthday for tomorrow and hope you have some fun when your work and training is over.
    check out my giveaway!
    http://daisymay-dayz.blogspot.com/2009/12/my-first-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete