Friday 12 August 2011

My holiday to Sweden Part 1

So, it seems that weddings are a lot of work to plan. Eeeep. So, I thought I'd write about our holiday to Sweden. I'm going to do it in parts, as I want to talk about lots of things, but I don't want a boring rambly post that goes on and on forever and you want to tape your eyes shut by the end of it.

This is Edd's parents house. That's Emilia standing in the doorway. It's a very nice house, and didn't cost them a lot. It's has 3 floors. 1st floor, ground floor and the basement level which has a gazillion rooms. The houses in Sweden seem to be cheap, at least in the countryside. And they are all in the same style and very picturesque. Edd's parents have a big garden attached to this house. They're planning to build a summer house out in the trees. It'll be yellow too. The house has wooden flooring inside, which was great because the stairs creaked when Emilia was trying to sneak down.


This is Edd on his dad's lawn mower (that's his dad standing in the background making sure he doesn't crash).


See what I mean about the houses? I love the colour of the red on this house, although traditionally the houses are a lot darker red, as they paint them with a by-product from copper factories. This house belongs to Bob and his wife, who are Dutch and their parents run a B&B in the village and own the old train station.


This is me standing on a bridge over the river that flows behind Edd's parents house. There's a special tower filled with chalk next to the river that releases some chalk in to the river every 30 seconds because the water is so acidic. Pretty random. The water is also orangey because of the peat from the earth around it. This river is just full of interesting things.


Just like this! It's a tiny little frog that we found when we were walking alongside the river! Apparently they can grow to be a foot long! Luckily, this one was little. I don't think I would have liked to encountered a big one!


This is the sign for the village. It's pronounced Saw-gun. There are only about 15 houses and it's very quiet. Edd has a picture of it covered in snow. I have yet to go out there in the snow, but I'm looking forward to it. Not the cold though. I'm not a fan of cold.

So that was part 1. Just a general introduction. Look out for the sequel, coming to a computer screen near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment