Monday 1 February 2010

Complications

Why is life so complicated at times? Honestly, when one thing in my life is going well, something else has to go wrong. Why can't it all run smoothly? I mean really? So, all that's going well is lovely boyfriend, stress free job, more me time. What's going wrong? Banks, money, flat of doom... doom and gloom. Apparently banks are evil, did you know this? It's far too much stress. Money is just evil as well. We try not to let our lives be run by it, after all, there's that saying that money can't buy happiness, yeah? Well, it's true I think. However, money can give you peace of mind, which leads to happiness. Thankfully, in this day and age with so many people being in debt, there are plenty of advice lines and such. So, I think I'm on the right solution and I'm sorting it. Further proof that I am growing up, usually I just ignore these things, which is why I've got in to debt in the past and why I'm probably in debt now.

The flat is just beyond a joke. Seriously, it's just damp and mouldy, and we've been told that it's going to need months of work and that we probably won't be able to live here during that time. Which is not good. We need somewhere to live. I just want it sorted!


In the meantime, I am searching for distractions. One great distraction is Mike. He is very good at making me forget all that is rubbish in my life. How does he do this? Well, with kisses, cuddles and boxes of red wine! Oh yes, we love a good box of red wine. 4 bottles of wine in a box! Bargain. And the drunk conversations that follow. Honestly, I don't need to go out to bars and clubs and spend stupid amounts of money. Just give me lovely people and a box of wine. Obviously, just cuddles and kisses from Mike. And possibly Carys.

Another distraction is knitting. I actually really enjoy knitting, is that sad? It's really relaxing. I've finished the phone sock for Rachel. Complete with fiddly sequins. I'm starting on making her gloves now. And I want to make a blanket. This is also a remedy for the flat of doom's coldness. See, there is method to my madness. And it gives me something to do with my hands when sitting in front of the TV instead of playing games on Facebook. Honestly, I'm so addicted!

I'm rather proud of this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment