Tuesday 20 July 2010

And then came the rain...

It's hard keeping up with this Project 365 thingy! I've been busy moving and packing, but I have finally found some time for an update... so here it is...

Day 2




This is the spider that lives in my bathroom. He's rather big, but I'm not scared by him. He seems to stay only in the corner by the washing machine. He's been there for weeks. We have an agreement. He doesn't crawl over my face while I'm asleep, and I leave the bathroom window open so he can have flies to munch on. I really should name him, but I can only think of Boris. Boris was the spider that used to live outside the window of my grandparents house. For years. I'm sure there were several spiders called Boris. So I can't really call him Boris, as he's not on a window. See the dilemma? So, this is a photo of the spider with no name, who is pretty much my flatmate at the moment.


Day 3



Apologies for this one, it was taken on my mobile. It's of some boys playing football in my local park. It was the last forecast day of sunshine. The end of the Swansea Summer. We've had a good run this year. Usually it only lasts a week, and then, just rain. Rain, rain, rain. And more rain. Yep, the rain has started.


Day 4



This is also taken in my local park. Someone has carved tree stumps in to mushrooms. There are a few dotted randomly around the place. I like random acts of art in the places you least expect it.



Day 5



This is a photo of an earthworm in a puddle. There are lots of puddles in Swansea at the moment. This picture got me wondering if earthworms can swim. So I did a bit of research, and courtesy of Wikipedia, I found out... that they can't. Which now leaves me with the guilt of being a worm murderer, having walked away and left this worm to wriggle to its puddley death. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I have committed wormicide. The shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment