Friday 4 March 2011

Today, I'm feeling angry...

I don't usually get angry about things. I think anger is a waste of energy usually. But today, I am angry. I am angry that the so called child courts in this country seem to think it's a good idea that a child HAS to visit a parent who used to hit them and make them miserable. Apparently, this is in the child's "best interests". OK, I understand that children need both their parents. I get it. I grew up without my dad, and yeah, in some ways it still affects me. But still, I think the whole thing will be more traumatic for the child, who has progressed so much since being with their other parent, who provides a loving and nuturing environment. The child is now outgoing and happy, will laugh and skip and sing and will talk to pretty much anyone. Just like 4 year olds are supposed to do. Understandably, the child misses their parent, but why is it fair that everyone has to go through the stress of watching the child regress back to a state of sadness for nothing?

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment